The Memorial Parkway Marlins Swim Team (MPST) has a proud history of being one of the first summer league swim teams in the surrounding area, established as a neighborhood recreational competitive swim team in the 1970’s and has been going strong for over 40 years! As part of the West Houston Aquatic League (WHALe), made up of about 33 teams, MPST typically averages 130 swimmers who compete individually, and as a team, with the vital support of their hard working parent volunteers.
Memorial Parkway Resident Qualifications:
- Must be registered with CellBadge for pool access.
- Age 4-18 by May 1st
- Must be able to safely and independently swim 25 yards, the length of the pool. Swim team is not a substitute for swim lessons.
- New swimmers are evaluated by MPST Coaches and Board at the start of each season.
- Opens March-April
- Check website for dates and fees.
- Marlins Swim Team
- MP-Highland Knolls pool
- May Practice: After School
- June Practice: Mornings
- Swimmers learn and work toward developing proficiency in all 4 swim strokes; freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly.
- Swimmers train/compete in their respective age groups; 6 & Under, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-18.
- Late May/June
- Qualifying swimmers participate in the Meet of Champs and All Stars Meet held the last week in June.
‘Fun’draisers, Awards and Team Party:
- MPST hosts family-oriented events throughout the swim season for ‘fun’draising, team building and friendship-making fun in the sun!
Becoming a member of Memorial Parkway Swim Team is a wonderful way to incorporate exercise and fun into your child’s summer and a great way to meet your neighbors! It’s summer fun for the whole family!
* Memorial Parkway Swim Team is a non-profit organization. While Memorial Parkway Community Association (MPCA) supports the swim team, MPCA is not directly affiliated.