Anyone violating the following rules is subject to losing recreational privileges with the Memorial Parkway Community Association.
1) Memorial Parkway Community Association swimming pools and pavilion are restricted for the use of residents and their guests.
2) Residents must present their valid MPCA ID card before admittance to pool.
3) Guests must be accompanied by a resident and must sign in. 5 guests are allowed per family at one time. Guest may not be a Memorial Parkway resident.
4) Lifeguards have the responsibility for maintaining discipline and enforcing rules in the pool area. i) Lifeguard shall call infraction of rules to the attention of the offending individual(s). ii) Lifeguards have the authority to deny the use of pool facility to residents and guests up to three (3) days as a disciplinary measure.
5) Swimming is allowed only when lifeguard is on duty. SWIM ONLY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
6) Swimmers must wear proper swimsuits.
7) Children not toilet trained must wear protective rubber pants, or equivalent, under their swimsuits.
8) Children under twelve (12) years of age are not allowed in pool unless accompanied by an adult at least 18 years of age or older. EXCEPTION: Notarized parental permission is submitted to lifeguard allowing designated 16 yr. old - 18 yr. old to accompany any child under age 12. Form is available from gatekeeper.
9) Baby pool is reserved for children five (5) years and younger and supervised by responsible parent/adult.
10) No running or shoving allowed in the pool area or on diving board.
11) No pets are allowed in pool area.
12) Anyone with open sores or wounds is prohibited from using pool.
13) Floating devices may be allowed at the discretion of the lifeguard. No floating devices allowed in diving area. No large floating devices (example: rafts, boats, etc.)
14) Throwing toys, Frisbees, small hard balls, tennis balls, water guns, etc. are strictly prohibited.
15) No standing or sitting on safety rope.
16) All children under eighteen (18) including infants, must vacate pools the last fifteen (15) minutes of every other hour for adult swim. Children must be at least four feet from pool during adult swim.
17) Glass containers are not allowed in pool area.
18) Drinking, smoking, and eating are not allowed within four feet of pool.
19) Smoking or drinking of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited except by persons of legal age. Proof of age may be required. Drunkenness and obscene language will not be tolerated. 20) Two (2) long blasts of lifeguard whistle require everyone to immediately vacate pool.
21) MPCA and pool contractor are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
22) No bicycles, skates, skateboards, or tricycles etc., are allowed in the pool area. Bicycles must be parked in bicycle rack.
23) PHONE is no to be used for personal calls and must be turned over to the lifeguard in case of emergency.
24) MPCA or the pool contractor may enforce other rules deemed necessary for the safety of the residents/guests.
25) NO PARTIES DURING POOL HOURS. POOL CAN BE RENTED THROUGH THE OFFICE.
26) One guard must be on deep end stand when diving area is open. Otherwise this area is closed.
26) No loitering.
27) Only Lifeguards and gatekeepers allowed at the check in table.
DIVING POOL RULES
1) The diving pool area is to be used for diving only. No swimmers allowed unless authorized by lifeguards.
2) No more than one person is allowed on the diving board at one time.
3) Only two bounces on board are allowed before diving.
4) All diving shall be from the end of the diving board and straight forward-- never off the slide. The water in front of the board must be clear of swimmers before entering the pool. Swim directly to the ladder after diving.
5) Anyone using the diving pool must be able to swim across the pool twice to the satisfaction of guard.